Creating a blog on blogger is free and fairly easy to do. Your webaddress will be assigned on a blogger.com subdomain, and your blog will be hosted on a Google server, thus you avoid paying for the costs of webhosting and a domainname.
When you have a Blogger blog, I suggest you utilize these 12 best and most popular free blogger tools, used by professional bloggers, to get the most out of your new blog.
- FeedBurner is a tool that will generate a smart feed, compatible with all the free feed readers out there. Using the “Burned feed” generated by feedburner is a great way to distribute your content over the internet. Feedburner, recently acquired by Google, also allows you to put +Add buttons for XML, Yahoo, MSN etc. on your site. Monitor the health of your feed by subscribing to FeedBulletin. Get a cool feed count button to show how many readers have subscripted to your blog feed.
- Js-Kit is a tool that integrates trackbacks into your blogger blog. It provides other bloggers with a seamless way to add trackbacks to your blog and also imports existing comments and provides live synchronization of new comments with Blogger.
- Avantblog is free software that allows you to post articles on your blog using a Palm or Windows CE device.
- My Blog Log tracks outgoing links to let you know where your traffic is going. Discover who’s visiting your site, and connect with your readers.
- w.bloggar is an application that acts as an interface between the user and one or more blogs. It is a Post and Template editor, with several features and resources that the browser based blog editors do not offer.